We have a current opportunity for a Senior Civil Works Engineer. This position can be based in Kansas City or St Louis.
This role is viewed as a "career bolstering position" for someone as you would have the rare opportunity to work alongside a 20-year veteran Design Manager on life changing projects.
Looking for a heavy civil and grading design engineer who has excellent client interaction skills and USACE design experience. Ideal experience includes leading a large multi-discipline teams, possesses a diverse skillset with a background on large civil projects such as:
-Pump Stations Pipelines
- With general direction, creates and signs off on basic to highly complex engineering designs involving site layout development, site grading and drainage, hydraulics and hydrology calculations, water distribution systems, collection systems, storage tanks and impoundments, foundation designs, stormwater infrastructure and treatment, and occasionally single-story structures. Reviews draft designs for compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
- Performs site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications. Updates design requirements as necessary. Contributes to firm's TKM by developing white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc.. Submits technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals. Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices. Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
- Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm's products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
- May supervise the work of junior engineers on project work.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 7 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.