- Install and troubleshoot control systems, servo drives, motors, HMIs and PLCs on high speed assembly, packaging and process equipment.
- Troubleshoot, continuously improve and create imaging programs for assembly and processing equipment
- Develop, collaborate on, and review wiring diagrams and logic for new equipment, field retrofits, and upgrades.
- Provide extensive support for continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to respond in a dynamic and fast growing environment
- Utilize excellent troubleshooting skills with a hands-on approach to identify root cause and define solution
- Ability to be independent and self-motivated
- Research and analyze data for specifications, feasibility studies, and productivity improvements
- Plan tasks and provide significant contributions to the team
- Ability to develop a medium to large control systems program from scratch
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of hands on assembly and manufacturing experience including clean sheet design, design and implementation of continuous improvement for discrete component assembly equipment.
- Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive experience in the engineering, design and development of manufacturing equipment for high volume, high speed, high precision assembly operation and complex industrial systems
- Experience with Rockwell Automation products strongly preferred.
- Experience with B&R controls software and hardware a strong plus.
- Strong Programming knowledge of Rockwell Automation RSLogix5000 and FTView ME and SE preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of VFD and Servo drives. (AB Powerflex and Kinetix preferred)
- Experience in imaging systems and software a strong plus
- Extensive experience in controls of automation, high-speed component feeding, material handling
- Strong knowledge of servo motion control concepts and robotics
- Strong project management, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on priorities.
- Solid communications and report writing skills
- SQL Server Database knowledge and Visual Basic Programming a plus
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, to participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and to follow our business best practices.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
The successful candidate will be expected to travel domestically and internationally. Anticipated travel is estimated at 10%.