As a global leader in consulting and engineering specialisez in highly technical smart and mission critical buildings and high performance mechanical and electrical systems that bring them to life.
Currently seeking a performance-driven, highly motivated Lead Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer.
Understanding of the Critical Data Center Industry with experience in commercial and industrial Building Management Systems (BMS) design and troubleshooting.
Provide design and implementation services for mission critical high reliability systems for up-time in Data Center mechanical plants, assisting clients in selecting BMS vendors, monitoring installation compliance, system testing and verification.
Not only will you demonstrate your engineering and consulting skills, but you will also have the opportunity to make an impact by growing services locally by seeking new business opportunities and leveraging the firm's holistic smart technology competitive edge.
You will be responsible for the design and coordinate the execution of all instrumentation and controls support activities and maintain internal and external client satisfaction.
You will be responsible for managing assigned project team members as they prepare controls design drawings and integrated systems specifications for Critical Facilities, Data Centers, Financial, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and various other markets the firm is active within.
- Preparing drawings, specifications and perform system design calculations
- Select equipment for use in building systems and write reports
- Assist clients in vendor levelling/selection/procurement of "best of breed" solution
- Attend project meetings while Interfacing with clients and contractors
- Interface with PICs, PMs, site leaders and practice area leaders
- Closely work with the entire mechanical, electrical and plumbing project design team
- Manage quality control and BMS resource management
- Support business development activities and client relationship management
- Financial management of projects assigned to you
- Develop and keep up to date BMS processes and standards
- Assisting in hiring activities while collaborating with leadership
The ideal candidate will have experience in BMS/EPMS/DCIM/SCADA systems design, implementation and operations for Critical Facility Data Center applications.
- Revit and latest version of AutoCAD MEP experience
- 7+ years' experience working in the Controls and Instrumentation Industry as a Consultant, Contractor or Client Facility Manager
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC/electrical instrumentation design and building control sequence of operations
- Knowledge of building IT infrastructure and basic understanding of other integrated low voltage technologies including security systems, lighting control systems, and fire alarm systems
- Produce BMS design documents including system architecture, one-line control drawings, specification, etc.
- Provide evaluation and troubleshooting services in mission critical industry for DDC and Industrial control applications.
- Understanding of high reliability systems for uptime in Data Center mechanical plants.
- Effective team player; ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Candidate with good communication skills and recent industry publications (Presentations, Webinars, Trade Publications)
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), a plus but not a requirement
- Active involvement with ASHRAE, CABA and other organizations, a plus