A high-growth renewable asset owner and operator is looking to grow out their development team in Houston and Chicago. They are hoping to bring on a Senior Project Development Manager to help with their growing portfolio of wind, solar, and energy storage projects in energy markets across the U.S.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for…
- Leading market analysis and working on site selection for greenfield development.
- Identifying and facilitating multiple project acquisitions.
- Acquiring land leases for different greenfield opportunities and maintaining relationships with landowners for existing projects.
- Managing the environmental assessment campaigns and associated external consultants.
- Managing the discretionary permitting activities at all levels of government.
- Directing resource management campaigns and energy production estimates.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and consultants to appropriately manage the interconnection process.
- Collaborating with internal technical services such as energy analysis, engineering, and operations.
- Determining the financial viability of projects together with the corporate finance department.
- Representing the company at regional industry association meetings and caucuses.
- Facilitating the preparation of RFP responses.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- Bachelor's degree- Engineering and MBA a strong plus.
- Minimum of 3 to 7 year's experience in energy project development- preferably in solar, wind, or natural gas electricity generation projects.
- A proven ability to deal with local community dynamics, negotiate with utilities, as well as negotiate effectively with landowners and other stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 20% of time