A multi-disciplined firm is seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Drainage/Hydraulics Engineer for their South Carolina offices through out the state. As a Senior Drainage/Hydraulic Engineer you will contribute to projects that will involve providing technical drainage and hydraulic services for the design of transportation projects including urban and rural highways and roads
- Will work with a Project Manager leading task teams designing roadway drainage elements of roadway design projects.
- Acting independently on technical matters.
- Acting as a mentor for junior-level employees.
- Directing the work of engineers and technicians.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment, closely coordinating with team members
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Transportation, or Structural Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 10 years of related experience
- Experience working with SCDOT.
- Experience with roadway drainage design, including ditches, small pipe culverts, storm sewer systems, outfall analysis, and drainage investigations.
- Experience with bridge and/or culvert design over streams using the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) design guidelines, such as Hydraulic Design Series 5, 7, etc.