My client, a boutique engineering and architecture firm based in Wisconsin is looking for a Building Envelope Consultant to join their growing firm renowned for strong mentorship across all levels to join their Houston office.
My client is a well established firm with deep roots throughout Texas. What separates them from any other firm in the industry is their unwavering commitment to providing an excellent service to their clients & their extremely strong work culture. Known for their extremely well tenured employees they have excellent partnerships with long term clients, who have provided repeat business for decades.
They are looking for a newly licensed Engineer or Architect to join their ranks and bolster their Houston presence - with a focus purely on building science.
- At least 5 years building envelope, forensic engineering or restoration experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Prior experience in one or more of the following: restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting and design repair.
- Licensed Engineer or Architect in Texas - (EIT's close to PE may be considered)
In this role you will be expected to:
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture-induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!