We have a current opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Long Beach. For further information about this position please apply.
This position requires strong technical and project management skills with an ability to provide direction on site remediation projects. A successful candidate will interact with the client and regulatory agencies. In addition, a successful candidate will supervise and mentor technical staff performing environmental and engineering consulting services for a variety of clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering required.
- 7 - 15 years of environmental consulting experience
- California P.E. license preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Relevant and quality work experience
- Regulatory agency experience
- Staff training and mentorship
- Develop work scopes and budgets to meet client goals and expectations
- Perform senior level interpretation work including remedial cost estimates, future remedial measures selection and costing
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients and regulatory agency personnel
- Perform conceptual and detailed remedial system design work, treatment process and cost evaluations, facility inspections, and construction management
- Manage projects to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget (scheduling / management of resources)
- Manage field investigation projects
- Conduct environmental site assessments (ESAs) including site reconnaissance, records research and preparation of Phase I reports
- Take a lead role in the preparation of technical proposals
- Mentor junior staff