We have a current opportunity for a Senior Environmental Specialist - Wetland Scientist on a permanent basis. The position will be based in New York City. For further information about this position please apply.
- Conduct wetland field investigations, delineations, and assessments of functional value.
- Lead floral and faunal habitat assessments and targeted species surveys for vulnerable and endangered species.
- Prepare technical papers and studies.
- Prepare wetland and ecological permit applications in line with federal and state standards, with a focus on New York and New Jersey.
- Prepare NEPA and NJ Executive Order 215 EIS, EA and CED documents.
- Data administration and data collection from publicly available databases skillsets (CADD/GIS).
- Short and long-term field assignments will be required, thus the candidate must be willing and physically capable of traveling and working outdoors in harsh and remote terrain in difficult environmental circumstances, as well as have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, ecology, botany, wildlife management, natural resources, or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Certified Wildlife Biologist or Professional Wetland Scientist preferred, but not required.
- Strong northeastern flora and fauna identification skills.
- Applicants must be capable of leading wetland delineations or working independently.
- Applicants should be able to lead and/or assist with threatened and endangered species habitat assessments and targeted surveys.
- Familiarity with Trimble GPS is desired
- Experience with US Army Corps of Engineers, New Jersey and New York wetland programs and permitting.
- Experience working on NYDOT and NJDOT projects preferable.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.