I am currently working with an exciting growing contractor in the US. Currently they are growing their D.C/Baltimore team with the view of opening a local office within the next 6 months to a year. To do so, they need a Senior Estimator to lead the charge in winning work in the region.
- Review and interpretation of civil, structural and geotechnical construction documents
- Preparation of designs and estimates for ground support solutions based on your interpretation of these documents
- Performing detailed geotechnical and structural calculations and preparing design reports in collaboration with our engineering department.
- Communicating with Clients, Engineers and Architects in order to move the sales process forward
- Closing of sales and negotiation of contract terms
- Making technical presentations to prospects and supporting the educational training of Menard clientele
- Liaise with other members of the sales team on a regular basis
- Supporting the Marketing and Business Development departments by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Business development and search for new opportunities and clients
- Support activities for regional project manager, including submittals, job preparation and startup activities, etc.
- Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with our customers
- Infrequent field visits to help support on-site operations for regional projects
The work will grow in complexity and challenge as you learn and grow in the job. You will also be encouraged to obtain additional training and certifications as applicable to your position. Employees are encouraged to be proactive in this training area and find such opportunities on your own and present them to your immediate supervisor.
You will be a vital member of our closely-knit team, where your contributions and opinions will be taken with high regard, in a dynamic and high growth environment. You will be provided with a Company laptop to aid in the performance of your job and are eligible to be reimbursed for any mobile phone bill. Your home base will be in your own home office but it is expected that you shall do such travel as required to perform the duties of the position. Eventually, a DC / Baltimore office opening will be explored depending on the success within your role and growth within the company.