Award Winning New Jersey based Heavy Civil Contractor is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to work with our estimating department to prepare bids for major construction projects.
- Review proposal documents to gain understanding of scope and intent of project
- Perform quantity takeoffs and ensure accuracy of data that is provided in contract documents
- Develop means & methods to determine constructability of all elements of the project
- Coordinate design of temporary structures such as shoring, support of excavation, cofferdams, formwork, etc.
- Develop construction bid schedule and perform
- Perform pricing of direct and indirect costs and equipment analysis
- Coordinate sub & supplier vendor solicitations
- Develop specific subcontractor scopes as required
- Coordinate with purchasing department
- Perform project risk and opportunity analysis
- Perform final close-out of bids for submission including subcontractor & supplier comparisons to determine best value and performance of work
- Lead other estimating team members on project estimates
- NJ DOT Experience in Heavy Civil/Marine/Foundations construction projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology or construction Management
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to construction sites in the New Jersey