Seeking a Senior Estimator for a reputable Heavy Civil General Contractor in the Connecticut & Westchester County area.
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects from $50 to $100 million to ensure the company is a responsive bidder. This is a full-time position managing the estimating process, and working with our Chief Estimator.
Salary - $100k - $150k
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate
- Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid
- Review "take-off" quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates
- Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- 8+ years Estimating experience
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and Primavera Scheduling software
- Proficient computer knowledge Estimating software including HCSS HeavyBid or similar
- Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles and equipment capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of agency (U)DBE requirements
- US Citizen
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles.
- Team player and with a strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective manner.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Possess strong leadership qualities.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.