My client, a highly specialised forensic firm with a great culture and stellar reputation are looking for a PE licensed forensic structrual engineer to join their dynamic and ambitious forensic diagnostics group.
For this advacned role, they are seeking a candidate who will be able to wear two hats. This candidate should be comfortable working multiple complex projects at a time as well as working closely with the president to eventually step into an ownership role in the company. This is a very unique opportunity to construct something special in an established company and build your reputation in the industry.
As such, in addition to technical expertise on assignments, the ideal applicant will excel in customer service and maintaining business relationships throughout the indsutry.
- Conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies and attorneys.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Ensure engineering principles and practices are in accordance with codes and industry standards.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required timeframes.
- Experience with premises and walking surface investigations, product defect cases a plus.
Qualification and Education requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or closely related discipline required
- Professional Engineer [P.E.] License Required.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience
- Requires strong analytical and field inspection skills.
- Must be highly motivated, dependable and conscientious.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to write technical reports and working knowledge of building structures.