You should be a licensed professional or actively pursuing licensure. Performs and supervises all aspects of smaller projects or parts of larger projects including management of workload, schedules and budgets. Uses judgement in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Performs advanced structural calculations by hand or computer application.
- Develops proposals with applicable project scopes and fees.
- Utilizes direct client contact through all stages of the project.
- Performs structural analysis and project management under the supervision of a Senior Associate or Principal.
- Makes design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications.
- Hand sketches new details based on site conditions documented in the field.
- Serves as a technical advisor to junior-level team members.
- Coordinates design or repair documents.
- Performs bidding and construction phase services for projects.
- Understands project budgets, schedules, scope and staffing requirements.
- Reviews billing, project administration documents and assist in collect of overdue invoices.
- Prepares specifications as required.
- Keeps accurate, concise and organized digital/hard-copy files of project information.
- Verifies all work through QA/QC process before work is submitted to client.
- Assists in marketing and business development.
- Master's degree in civil, structural or related engineering category
- 10 - 15 years of prior structural engineering experience
- Pursuing or licensed Professional engineer or Structural Engineer preferred
- Prior experience with repair of existing structures experience preferred
- Strong technical software experience with finite element modeling and structural analysis software
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Able to ride suspended scaffolding and work from heights
- Work in enclosed spaces