LVI is working alongside an industry leading, multidisciplinary engineering firm who eager to speak with an ambitious and driven engineer to join their growing team in Austin, Texas, and execute their backlog of work, focusing predominately on complex, large loss projects. The company has an award winning culture, pride them selves on the quality of their work and support the growth of each individual engineer in the company.
The Senior Forensic Engineer would be responsible for:
- Conduct forensic investigations on multifamily and high rise commercial buildings to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies, attorneys, private homeowners and property owners.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time-frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Providing both written and verbal reports to tight deadlines regarding multiple projects simultaneously
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil/Structural/Architectural preferred)
- P.E. licensed in the state of Texas
- 10+ year's experience in engineering
- 2+ year's experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Project Management experience: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
- Expert witness and litigation experience desired
Do you feel as though this particular does not role fit with your experience, but are still interested in progressing you career with other opportunities? Connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options!