LVI are seeking a Licensed Forensics Expert to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. You will have done work on building enclosures and their components for use in forensic analyses relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired. Building envelope types include, but are not limited to, cladding, wall enclosures, roofing systems, and fenestration components.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Perform forensic investigations of building envelope failures.
- Diagnose failures in building envelope systems and recommend solutions for remediation of those failures.
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to building systems as a result of natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Utilizing building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with Code Officials and Contractors to address construction issues to provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel as needed
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Architecture/Civil/Structural Engineering
- Licensed AIA or PE or SE in Texas
- Minimum 10 Years technical experience in the field
- Experience in property loss and construction defects required.
- Familiarity with various building roofing systems, both low-slope and steep-slope.
- Understanding of heat, air and moisture control principles within enclosure materials and assemblies.
- Familiarity with performance and testing requirements, details and specifications for building enclosures.
- Field experience. Must be able to physically carry and climb ladders for roof access, as well as navigate steep-slope roofing up to 6:12. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing Litigation and Expert Witness
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) and Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) highly desirable