- Assist with on-site damage assessment and investigations, including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching.
- Perform required calculations and design.
- Researches historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues.
- Organise field data to facilitate analysis and problem-solving.
- Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations.
- Interface with clients and attend meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires travelling to job sites.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of experience in structural design, loss investigation, structural forensic investigation, structural repair.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Engineer in training; PE or SE is preferred.
- Experience in building envelope assessments (moisture infiltration, façade, roofing) is a plus.
- Field experience with existing buildings preferred.
Benefits of joining the company
As a skilled member of the firm, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers. The firm are a 100% employee-owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors.