Job Title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
My client is a leading engineering consulting firm specializing in geotechnical and environmental engineering services. We provide innovative solutions to a wide range of projects, including commercial and residential developments, transportation infrastructure, and renewable energy projects. Our team is dedicated to delivering high-quality services that exceed client expectations while promoting sustainability and safety.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing geotechnical engineering projects in the Austin area. You will collaborate closely with clients, project managers, and a team of engineers and technicians to ensure the successful completion of projects while maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
- Lead and manage geotechnical engineering projects from initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to project scope, budget, and timeline.
- Collaborate with clients to understand project requirements, develop effective strategies, and provide technical expertise and guidance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct site visits and assessments to evaluate subsurface conditions, geotechnical hazards, and potential risks.
- Prepare and review project proposals, technical reports, and deliverables, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and compliance with relevant codes and standards.
Geotechnical Analysis and Design:
- Perform geotechnical investigations, including soil and rock sampling, laboratory testing, and analysis of data to determine soil properties and engineering parameters.
- Conduct geotechnical analyses and calculations, such as slope stability, settlement analysis, bearing capacity, and foundation design.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective geotechnical solutions to address project challenges and mitigate risks.
- Provide recommendations for soil improvement techniques, earthwork design, retaining structures, and other geotechnical aspects.
Team Leadership and Mentoring:
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and technicians, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including structural engineers, environmental specialists, and construction professionals, to ensure integrated project delivery.
- Review and approve engineering designs, calculations, and reports prepared by team members, ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement within the geotechnical engineering team.
Client Relationship Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients, identifying opportunities for new projects and business development.
- Participate in client meetings, conferences, and industry events to promote the company's expertise and capabilities.
- Collaborate with the business development team to prepare proposals, bids, and technical presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas or ability to obtain it within a reasonable time frame.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering, including project management and design.
- Extensive knowledge of geotechnical investigation techniques, laboratory testing procedures, and geotechnical software applications.
- Strong proficiency in geotechnical analysis and design, including slope stability, foundation design, earthwork, and retaining structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to clients and team members.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to lead and mentor a team of engineers and technicians.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes, standards, and regulations.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, geotechnical software (e.g., Plaxis, GeoStudio), and other engineering tools.