A leader in transportation engineering, is currently seeking a Senior Highway Design Engineer in their Pittsburgh office, however, they are open to remote work.
- Design roadway improvements for streets, highways and interstates.
- Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates, conduct studies and support all aspects of the engineering project while collaborating with staff, consultants, and clients.
- Keeps project on schedule, within budget, and performs or assures that quality control is accomplished for each project
- Performs complicated design work on larger projects
- Will be responsible for client development activities and project pursuits
- Leading project tasks including roadway plan development, cost estimating, and report writing
- Participating in project scoping, fee estimating and proposal activities
- Achieving project objectives including quality/scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Attending onsite and offsite client meetings.
- Ability to effectively communicate design details through presentations. Technical writing skills a must.
- 8 + years of roadway and highway design experience
- B.S. in Civil, Engineering
- PE License Required
- Experience working with PennDOT required. Experience with other agencies is a plus.
- Must have experience in engineering projects to be able to perform QA or QC reviews, analyze project progress to be in conformance with project budgets and assist project managers in engineering, client, and sub-consultant issues.
- Must be diligent in the administrative tasks of invoice preparation and preparation of Project Input Forms.
- Strong technical skills in roadway design and plan preparation
- Proficient utilizing Microstation, Inroads and industry supported 3D modeling software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills