One of the Top100ENR firms in Michigan are after a Senior Professional Land Development Engineer to join their team to improve the infrastructure in Michigan!
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+years of experience in designing site development projects including grading, E&S, utilities, and stormwater management.
- P.E License
- A strong proficiency in civil design programs such as Microstation and AutoCAD.
- Design various site development projects including commercial, industrial, institutional and residential
- Develop and complete applications, permits, engineering reports and specifications
- Prepare and review engineer estimates
- Conduct research and development for projects
- Communicate project details with other design engineers
- Conduct project cost reviews
- Implement civil engineering practices for grading and roadway/parking design.
- Design underground infrastructure including domestic and fire water, sanitary sewer, and storm water
- Review drawings and specifications, recommend modifications and coordinate with the design team.
- Conduct research, investigations and independently evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ensure technical accuracy, standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various plans, reports and design projects.
- Assess engineering problems, evaluate alternatives and develop solutions.
- Develop and mentor junior staff
- Conduct on-site inspections as needed
- Attend and/or conduct client and project meetings
- Attend various meetings including pre-design, pre-construction, professional organization, staff, etc.
- Attend seminars and/or training classes
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment
About the firm:
Work/life balance is supported through a flexible, hybrid work schedule that brings team members together in the office at least two days a week and connects them virtually when working from home.
Since this firm began operations, They have been 100% employee owned. This cultivates an ownership mindset that benefits work approach, collaborative culture, and ability to deliver client solutions.
This firm offer employee Resource Groups and Programs, including Young Professionals Group, Female leadership, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Professional Development, Leadership Development, Rotation Program, Mentor Program, Sustainability Program, and Wellness Program.
Perks of working here:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage
- Education reimbursement
- 3% 401(k) match
- Performance bonuses (typically between 10-15%)
- Employee stock program
- 4 weeks PTO
- Hybrid schedule (3 days from home & 2 in the office)
- A mix of commercial, industrial and residential projects