Bachelors of Science degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Computer Information Systems is required. A minimum of five years' experience performing batch work, specifically S88 or S95 in FDA regulated industries such as life sciences and food & beverage is required. Prior experience with implementing MES platforms such as Emerson Syncade, Rockwell Propack Data, POMSnet, and/or Werum Pas-X is required. Prior experience with process automation systems like DeltaV, ERP interfacing (e.g. SAP or Oracle), and/or process historians such as OSI PI is preferred, but not required. Strong computer skills including software programming, hardware troubleshooting, operating systems, virtualization and networking is essential. Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle is required. S/he will interact regularly with customers and co-workers, thus strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be a clear communicator is required. S/he must also have excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
- Assist and/or be responsible for all aspects of MES project implementation from project proposal support through to start-up and commissioning if required.
- Work effectively at different levels with clients and sales teams to assist in definition of business needs and demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
- Be responsible and work in teams to define scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration requirements, support project estimations and ensure execution methodology (e.g. client interviews; documentation analysis).
- The Senior MES Engineer will support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create prototypes to develop and demonstrate special project features.
- Design, implement, and test complex MES solutions to meet customer requirements and participate in and/or lead design and code reviews.
- Develop General Design Specifications (GDS), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS) and Validation documentation as required.
- Execute projects in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and quality expectation.
- Assist clients with resolving application problems, installing software upgrades, and patches for MES systems.
- Assist the Project Administrator or Project Manager with project planning, scheduling, documentation and invoicing.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Engineering Manager