LVI Assoicates are working with an awarding winning firm in the Maryland area. They have an opening for an experienced and capable Senior Structural Engineer to play a key role in our organization and take on future leadership responsibilities.
Technical skills will include the repair of various structural and building envelope systems including exterior facades, balconies, plazas, parking garages, roofing and waterproofing, etc. for commercial and residential facilities. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company with room for leaders.
- Be responsible for collaborating with the existing engineering team while managing multiple projects within different stages of development. Enjoy building and strengthening teams abilities and be the one that mentors and provides leadership to junior and intermediate engineers.
- Being a hands-on Engineer. Required to go to site, speak with the building owner and communicate in layman's terms what the issue is and how you are prepared to fix it.
- Perform analysis and design, investigation, evaluation and diagnostic testing of existing building structures, exterior enclosures and building components and systems
- Provide mentorship and team leadership within the existing team of 5-8 engineers. Works best collaborating ideas, problem solving and a general share of knowledge.
- After client inspection, prepare bids and proposals as well as build and maintain good working relationships with property managers and clients, as well as staff.
- Outstanding attention to detail in every aspect of their work.
- Flexibility and Autonomy is given to work environment. Working from office, home, and site.
- Must be a registered P.E. and able to obtain licenses in Maryland, DC, and Virginia.
- Previous experience in the rehabilitation of structural and building envelope systems including exterior facades, balconies, plazas, parking garages, roofing, and waterproofing
- Candidates that EITs and are soon eligible for their P.E and with previous industry experience are also welcomed to apply
- Plans, coordinates, devises and directs the evaluation / investigation of structural and building envelope conditions.
- Performs field surveys of existing construction, documents visual findings, devises and directs intrusive sampling work and prepares written reports regarding findings.
- Responsible for developing repair design packages including bidding documents such as specifications, drawings and bid forms.
- Assists senior project personnel and other staff members as required with technical analysis, evaluation and field construction observation and investigation work.
- Provides training and guidance as well as reviews work product prepared by other technical and administrative staff.
They offer excellent benefits, including salary, bonus potential, 401k contributions, health insurance, flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and profit-sharing among other benefits. We offer a flexible work environment with a diversity of experience and opportunities.