As a Project Manager - Industrial Hygienist, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the health and safety of workers and the environment within various industrial settings. You will oversee and coordinate projects related to industrial hygiene, ensuring compliance with regulations, identifying potential hazards, and implementing effective control measures. This position demands strong project management skills, technical expertise in industrial hygiene, and a commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
Project Management: Plan, execute, and monitor industrial hygiene projects from inception to completion, including budget management, resource allocation, and timeline adherence.
Compliance Assurance: Stay current with local, state, and federal regulations related to industrial hygiene and ensure that projects are conducted in compliance with relevant laws and standards.
Hazard Assessment: Conduct comprehensive assessments of workplaces to identify potential health hazards, including exposure to chemicals, contaminants, noise, and other occupational risks.
Exposure Monitoring: Perform air and noise monitoring, as well as sampling for hazardous substances, to assess and quantify worker exposure levels.
Risk Evaluation: Evaluate the risks associated with identified hazards and develop strategies and control measures to mitigate or eliminate these risks.
Safety Training: Provide training and education to employees and clients on industrial hygiene practices and safety protocols.
Report Generation: Prepare detailed reports, including findings, recommendations, and compliance documentation, and communicate these to clients and relevant authorities.
Client Interaction/Business Development: Bring in new clients and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, addressing their concerns, and ensuring that project goals align with their needs and objectives.
Team Coordination: Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of professionals, including environmental engineers, health and safety specialists, and technicians, to execute projects effectively.
Data Management: Organize and manage data related to industrial hygiene assessments, ensuring accuracy and accessibility for analysis and reporting.
Emergency Response: Develop and implement emergency response plans for industrial hygiene-related incidents.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Occupational Safety, or a related field.
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or similar professional certification preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in industrial hygiene project management.
- In-depth knowledge of industrial hygiene principles, exposure assessment, and control measures.
- Familiarity with industrial hygiene monitoring equipment and software.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications (e.g., MS Office, data analysis tools).
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and environmental stewardship.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it. Job duties may be subject to change as necessary.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.