LVI are working with an established, boutique building envelope consulting company who are looking for a talented Building Envelope Consultant to join their growing team of professionals in Houston, Texas. Unlike other companies in this industry, my client take steps to provide for employees, including but not limited to supporting individuals studying for licenses and credentials, and holding regular progress meetings to help consultants achieve their personal targets.
- At least 2 years building envelope restoration experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, and design repair.
The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following:
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture-induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Fully-paid life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Wellness Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!