This national engineering firm is seeking a Project Manager to join their civil team in the Germantown, Maryland office. The successful candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the production of a wide range of plans and specifications including: site grading & utilities; public improvements, sediment control, storm water management, roadway, water & sewer, maintenance of traffic, and environmental site design.
The ideal candidate must have specific Montgomery &/or Prince George's County experience and be successful at representing clients and working with public agencies and staff on a range of issues as well as have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Manage complex to routine design tasks.
- Ability to manage the preparation of engineering documents for specific components of a project including storm water management design (ESD and structural solutions), sediment erosion control, storm drain design and computations, WSSC water and sewer design, grade establishment plans.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide aid and technical support.
- Works Independently on All Assignments to the General Results Expected
- Coordinates Efforts with Client, Agencies, Landscape Architecture, Surveying, and Planning Staff, and Other Consultants
- Attends Client Meetings
- Assists with Proposals
- Mentors Design Engineers, Project Engineers, Assistant Project Managers, and Senior Project Engineer
- Proven working experience as a Civil Project Engineer
- Current engineer license preferred
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to work with multi-discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Requires a BS/BA degree with a minimum of 3 years in civil engineering.