A national engineering firm with offices across the US is seeking an engineering Senior CAD Designer to join the Texas Transportation team based in the Dallas office. This position has the option to work remotely within the Dallas area.
Common job tasks include, but are not limited to-
* Develop roadway plans utilizing Microstation, Geopak and Open Roads according to TXDOT guidelines and standards.
* Perform CAD related transportation design relating to roadway projects. Includes plan preparation, drafting, and quantity calculations.
* Demonstrate proficiency in OpenRoads, 3-D modeling and 3-D design
* Work on a wide variety of urban and rural projects from concept development, schematic development through final PS&E roadway plans.
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Be self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual who possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects and challenges.
* Must have the ability to work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously.
* Minimum 10 years' relevant work experience
Skills and Abilities
* Proficient with ProjectWise and CAD, particularly Microstation, Geopak and OpenRoads;
* Strong Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) skills.
* Familiarity with TXDOT design standards, specifications and policies.
The selected candidate will have the ability to progress in a firm that works on large and complex projects and has a focus on work-life balance. Please apply directly.