A Utility Scale Renewable Energy project developer is looking to bring on a hands-on, hard-working team player who can jump in and support projects from a variety of angles, as their Senior Site Acquisition Specialist. This is an opportunity to join a company working on the full development process from site acquisition, interconnection, permitting, off-take execution to project exit. The Senior Site Acquisition Specialist will play an integral part on the Site Acquisition team helping to develop some of the most competitive projects in the market.
The Senior Site Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for…
- The acquisition of land for solar sites through purchase or lease to support project development.
- The acquisition of connective easements, access road agreements, and other ancillary project agreements to support the development pipeline.
- Effectively managing transaction processes between Site Acquisition department and Pre-Development teams.
- Assisting the Project Development team with site information as needed.
- Supporting 3rd party relationships, particularly interactions with attorneys on contract needs various projects.
- Creating detailed daily and weekly activity and status reports.
- Traveling up to 50% of the time.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- A bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of site/easement acquisition experience
- At least 2 years of utility-scale site acquisition or similar role (more preferred).
- Experience in the energy industry, specifically, preferred.
- Experience performing property research and public record analysis and familiarity with land title and ownership principles.
- Demonstrated history of critical negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of real estate contract terms and conditions and the ability to quickly read and extract key provisions from land agreements and legal documents.
- Familiarity with the various elements of the project development process.
Remote work is acceptable for this position, but preferred residency within PJM territory or Mid-Atlantic region.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Health savings account.
- Flexible spending account.
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability.
- Paid parental leave.
- Retirement plan with matching.
- Bonus opportunity.