A national renewable energy company is seeking an independent, hands on, Senior Solar Developer. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing businesses in America, working to cut emissions and support a cleaner lifestyle. This individual will join a team working on the advancement of existing project pipeline, while also identifying new project opportunities.
The Senior Solar Developer will be responsible for…
- Successfully navigating greenfield and acquisition projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Getting projects to NTP, working closely with the finance, construction, and operations teams to transition into operating assets.
- Identifying greenfield project opportunities and conducting site visits to assess project viability.
- Coordinating and collaborating with contractors & vendors to ensure pricing and deliverables are consistent across markets meeting financier/investor requirements.
- Leading the interconnection and application processes.
- Leading stakeholder outreach campaigns.
- Monitoring market conditions, providing input to policy, permitting and interconnection topics necessary to maintain or enhance project viability.
- Managing project schedules and budgets.
- Providing the legal team with support for the review and negotiation of documents.
- Collaborating with cross functional team leads to ensure development efforts align with business plans and corporate goals.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- 10+ years of extensive and demonstrated successes in the solar and/or energy storage markets.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field (i.e. technical, business, science).
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative environments.
- Ability to mentor and manage staff.
- Proficient computer skills and software such as Microsoft Office suite including Excel, MS Project Word, and PowerPoint. Salesforce experience a plus.
- The ability to travel 25-50% of the time to project sites, industry events, and company events.