LVI Associates are in search of an Experienced Structural Engineer, with an in-depth knowledge of the design, construction, investigation, and/or repair of various new and existing structures to join a team of highly skilled professionals in Honolulu. You will pursue the projects you want to work on, foster client relationships, manage projects, and mentor up-and-coming staff, all while still getting to do the hands-on technical work you are passionate about.
The firm have over 30 offices nationwide, and successful candidates will work in a collaborative environment, supported by the company's team of enthusiastic professionals and experts, striving to deliver innovative yet practical solutions in the built world. The company also have more than 60 years of experience in the forensic structural, materials, and architectural engineering field, and more than 700 professionals across the firm.
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary project teams, including providing expertise for a variety of structural engineering projects (e.g., investigation, troubleshooting and repair of existing systems; and design, detailing, and specialty consulting for new systems)
- Project management, including client development, project scoping, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company research and development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organizations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients
- Minimum of eight years' relevant industry experience (15+ years preferred), including technical and project management experience in the investigation, design, analysis, and/or repair of various new and existing structural materials and systems, including concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) or Professional Engineer (PE), as applicable by state
- Master's degree or better in civil/structural engineering or related field (significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree)
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in transitioning quickly between multiple priorities while maintaining effective coworker and client relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Ability to attend meetings at various office, field, and construction sites
- Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts, and other access equipment (with training)
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction site hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilise respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
If you are interested in a change of scenery, more complex projects and waking up to the ocean every day, then this is definitely something to consider.
For further information, please apply here!