I'm seeking a driven and motivated Forensic Civil/Structural Engineer in Chicago, IL to perform structural evaluations on existing buildings, assess the cause of structural failures, the extent of damage, and provide repairs on a variety of construction-related circumstances, including roof evaluations.
With a very competitive salary and an extensive opportunity to work for an industry-leading structural engineering firm that pride themselves on growth, successful candidates will be eligible to shares.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate scope of repair and repair options
- Evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, accidents, and fires/explosions
- Effectively communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as courtroom testimony
- Effectively and patiently communicate technical matters to laypersons and attorneys
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Professional Engineer in Illinois
- 10+ of experience in engineering/architecture and forensics
- The desire to work in a team-based project environment.