In this position, the senior structural engineer will focus on the assessment of failures of structural systems designs whilst collaborating with architects, owners, contractors and clients. The engineer will also focus on restorations and renovations.
The senior role will be responsible for mentoring other staff and being a point of contact for questions related to structural forensics.
- Conducting forensic analysis across structural collapses and performance failures.
- Analyzing and assisting with building restorations and renovations across a variety of structures.
- Perform structural design of new commercial, institutional and high rise structures.
- Perform building diligence reports and assessments.
- Develop guidelines and training material for other forensic engineers to investigate structures and evaluate existing structures.
- Travel to site locations across the metro - DC area at least 40% of the time. Some out of state travel will be required.
Core skills / abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Leadership skills and management ability.
- Bachelors degree, Engineering - or a related field with a structural emphasis.
- Masters preferred but not required.
- 8-10+ years experience
- PE license
- Some previous experience with historic structures and older code provisions.
- Design and/or renovation experience preferred.
- Ability to use engineering and office software.
- Perform field investigations - working at heights, unconditioned spaces, limited access areas and/ or industrial environments.