Overview: Seeking an experienced Substation Engineer with a background in design to join a growing team in the Greater Houston area.
Location: Houston, TX - This is a hybrid position (3 days in office, 2 days remotely) and will support projects located in Houston, TX. It is preferred if the candidate is located near the Houston metro, however candidates willing to relocate may be considered)
- Function as a technical lead and responsible for the overall execution and quality of substation
- Provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on substation design projects
- Perform substation design, including physical design and protective relaying/control
- Actively participate in management, project scheduling, and work/resource planning meetings
- Interface directly with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Mentor and train junior engineers
- PE License in Texas
- Power/Power Systems experience preferred
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of substation design projects
- Substation design experience (physical & P&C)
- Technical experience preferred
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Prepare one-lines, connection diagrams, panel elevations and protection & control schematics for power substation equipment.
- Experience 500KV - 13.8KV substations, varying voltage classes
- S. in Electrical Engineering from recognized accredited program
- 5 + years of related work experience in substation design / P&C
- Must be living in the United States
- Must be able to commute into a local office 2 - 3 days a week
- Houston, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Austin, TX
- College Station, TX
- Dallas, TX
If you are looking for a great growth opportunity in the Power Delivery space as a Senior Substation Design Engineer, please do not hesitate to apply!