The Senior Substation Physical Engineer will play a critical role in the design and construction of electrical substations, ensuring that they are built to the highest standards of safety, reliability, and efficiency. This position offers the flexibility to work remotely while collaborating with a talented team of professionals across the United States.
Take charge of substation physical design projects, ensuring that layouts, schematics, and plans are created and executed efficiently and in compliance with relevant standards.
Evaluate and select appropriate materials, equipment, and components for substation infrastructure, considering factors such as cost, durability, and compatibility.
Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including electrical engineers, civil engineers, and project managers, to develop comprehensive substation design plans and provide technical input during project development.
Conduct on-site assessments to analyze existing substations, identify areas for improvement, and propose design modifications or upgrades.
Perform in-depth structural and civil engineering analysis as required for substation construction, ensuring structural integrity and safety.
Oversee and implement quality control procedures to maintain high construction standards. Ensure adherence to safety protocols throughout the project life cycle.
Review and approve project documentation, including drawings, specifications, and technical reports, to guarantee accuracy and compliance with design standards.
Provide guidance, mentorship, and technical support to junior engineers involved in substation physical design projects, fostering their professional growth.
Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to substation design and construction.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in substation physical design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, or similar design software.
- Strong understanding of industry codes and standards, including ANSI, IEEE, and NESC.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Remote work capabilities, including access to necessary software and tools.
- Flexibility to travel to project sites as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Remote work flexibility.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Retirement savings plans with company contributions.
- Professional development opportunities and continued education.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
If you are a seasoned Substation Physical Engineer looking to join a forward-thinking company with a commitment to building a cleaner world,do not hesitate to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and expertise.