Senior Sustainability Specialist
Attention LA, I am on the search for a Senior Sustainability Specialist to join one of the top MEP firms in the area and in the country. If you have a background and/or a passion for sustainability this could be a great next step in your career.
As a Sustainability Specialist II-IV, you be part of the High-Performance Solution Team and deliver high performance building energy modeling and sustainability analysis in the region and possibly landmark projects around the world. In support of the firm's commitment to the MEP 2040 Challenge, you will be integral to driving our electrification and decarbonization efforts by acting as a consultant to your teammates and clients. You will regularly interact with other HPS team members and MEP engineers in the local offices and around the firm on project engagements.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Whole building energy modeling
- Energy efficiency measure analysis
- Net Zero Energy/Carbon roadmapping
- Green building certification support (LEED, WELL, LBC, RESET, etc.)
- Renewable energy analysis
- Incentive and rebate program support
- Beneficial electrification consulting
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Energy Auditing
- Understanding of local and national energy codes and policies
- Offer support and consultation related to sustainability strategies, energy efficiency measures, innovative technologies, voluntary rating standards, codes, and industry trends, etc.
- Present at internal and external lunch & learn type trainings
- Work with owner and architect clients and MEP design engineers to develop energy and water efficiency strategies and system approaches on their projects - relating to high performance HVAC systems, plumbing systems and electrical/lighting systems.
The ideal candidate will focus on energy modeling or T24 and have the ability to apply relevant industry knowledge; be up to date on new and existing tools related to sustainability strategies, energy efficiency measures, technologies, voluntary rating standards, codes, industry, and trends; be someone who possesses strong communication and organizational skills; and who has the desire and ability to grow to a senior level Sustainability Specialist role.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to read, review, and evaluate Architectural and Engineering drawings and visualize three-dimensional models
- Familiarity with design tools such as Revit and AutoCAD
- Competency with simulation and modeling tools, (primarily IESVE and CA Title-24 code compliance tools such as EnergyPro and CBECC. Additional tools may include Windows, COMFEN, Climate Consultant, Sefaira, Cove.Tool, eQuest, EnergyPlus, PVWATTS.)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a consulting firm working on energy modeling.
- Basic understanding of proper system selection and applicable building codes
- Knowledge of LEED and WELL design principles
- LEED accredited and WELL accredited or on track to achieving accreditation
If you are interested in this role please do not hesitate to apply today!