Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for performing design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons, and similar technical work as required by the assignment.
Designs complicated Technology systems for telephone / data / surveillance / access control / audiovisual systems as applicable to specific sub-department(s). Also, the Senior Systems Engineer performs applicable fill rate/equipment load/room sizing calculations. Working with supervision the Senior Systems Engineer is accountable for accuracy, timeliness, and reliability, reporting to their Coach, Associate or Supervisor.
- Intermediate knowledge of own discipline/department for Small Fee Projects or Low-Level complexity projects.
- Executes broad directions as provided by a supervisor but is comfortable in making engineering decisions on a discipline-specific level. Ability to identify appropriate solutions based upon several different and often competing data.
- Performs coordination at a higher level by reviewing drawings supplied by vendors, other team engineers, and the architects while implementing design modifications as necessary.
- Demonstrates a willingness to support training for others while formally trains direct reports.
- Assists the supervisor by providing input on discipline-specific resource staffing allocations to meet business needs.
- Identifies and applies creative thinking and innovation that adds value at the discipline level.
- Ability to drive clients to make informed decisions on a discipline basis.
- Effectively writes and verbally communicates concepts and ideas, both internally and externally.
- Moderate experience with monitoring and successfully managing project costs versus budget for discipline while understanding the firm's financial system.
- Demonstrates the ability to react to client needs and expectations, while developing skills in proactive communication.