Senior Systems Programmer / Network Engineer
Director of Engineering Services
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Salary, Major Medical & Dental, 15 PTO days annually, 8 Paid Holidays Annually, 401K Eligible
Be a valuable member and our Engineering Services Department in the overall Implementation of our Mission, Vision, and Strategy, enabling us to continue to grow and expand its business.
- Develop preliminary touch panel screenshots for new clients, with direction from the project team and then the client, to establish an approved design for the client.
- Develop complete and functional system touch panel files and programs, working from a client-approved GUI and system schematics.
- Must have the capability to comply with all safety rules and regulations required by clients for site visitation.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Quality Assurance Department to debug code and support system testing, working towards a completely functional system before shipment to the field.
- Provide on-site and remote support to field technicians and engineers for system commissioning when required for all offices.
- Coordinate and schedule required programming with project managers, quality assurance personnel, and the Operations department.
- Provide operational manuals and quick reference guides for projects.
- Archiving source code, GUI designs, and related material for future modifications
- Develop standard touch panel layouts for sales presentations.
- Work with the project engineer and account executive in determining the control system hardware requirements for specific projects.
- Work with Sales to properly estimate programming services and hours.
- Provide programming support for the GMS technicians and GMS clients including system upgrades/adjustments.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be an in-house expert on A/V systems and their integration into IT infrastructures.
- Support Sales in educating clients and assessing client network needs relating to collaboration and communication systems that utilize IP communication.
- Support installation and GMS technicians in the implementation and maintenance of systems that utilize IP communication.
- Interface directly with client IT departments.
- Attend onsite meetings and provide onsite configuration support as needed.
- Work with IT Department to support and maintain in-house A/V systems that utilize IP communication.
- Provide suggestions for improvements to in-house A/V systems.
- Participate in the selection, testing, and evaluation of new technologies for compatibility and functionality relating to IP communication and system integration.
- Be a technical resource for other departments as required.
- Conduct equipment research and testing on new and existing technology.
- Interface with manufacturers when dealing with equipment problems.
- Conduct programming, IP networking, and troubleshooting training for field techs, project engineers, and others as requested.
- Attend department meetings.
- Attend manufacturer and industry training in-house, off-premises, and online.