A multi-faceted and rapidly growing engineering firm with 3 office locations and over 200 + employees throughout Oklahoma, is seeking a Civil Design Engineer for our office in Columbus.
The primary focus of this role will be site development planning and design aspects - both private and public development to include storm water management design, water and wastewater design, roadway and parking design, grading design, stormwater management system design, erosion and sediment control design, and construction detailing and specifications.
- Assist with the preparation of inventory assessments, analyses, and reports.
- Preparation of associated calculations, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Working with the design team in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans of Site Development.
- Be involved in a variety of project aspects including design/study development and site/field visits during design and construction.
- Communicate project status and performance to executive leadership.
- Monitor project progress to ensure adherence with contractual agreements.
- Assure project documentation and reporting are accurately maintained.
- Oversee coordination with clients as well as outside agencies and consultants for procurement of sub-consultant needs and jurisdictional reviews.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other internal departments.
- Provide resolution to client and project issues.
- Act as a team resource on complex engineering issues.
- Motivate team members through the creation of a positive work environment by providing mentoring, coaching, and training to assist in professional development.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- 3-7 years of civil design experience.
- Professional Engineer Licensure (PE) is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Use of AutoTurn, HydroCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and Deltek a plus.
- Excellent communication and delegation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and mentor team members
If you are interested in learning more about the position, it would be great to connect. Please do reach out on 469-828-5182 or email