Senior Telecommunications Engineer/Project Manager
A Senior Telecom Engineer / Project Manager of Structured Cabling Systems will lead and support the engineering of low voltage IP based systems for a variety of projects while working closely with clients, client reps, architects and MEP engineers in creating designs for a broad spectrum of markets including:
○Healthcare ○Higher Education ○Mission Critical Facilities ○Corporate Interiors ○Science and Technology○ Cultural ○Workplace ○ Residential and retail and Hospitality.
This position supports the design services listed throughout the Northeast.
○Familiarize and understand the firm's business development objectives;
○Act as liaison between the client and Partner in Charge; assist in responding to RFP's and proposal writing; responsible for production, productivity, quality client service standards and overall client satisfaction.
○Understand and meet the firm's project financial objectives by forecasting current and future requirements; prepare and monitor project plans, scheduling resources and expenditures; preparing budgets, invoicing and resolving account receivable issues; analysing variances and working in unison with the PIC to initiate corrective actions.
○Act as the lead structured cabling engineer and provide technical expertise on a wide range of projects; coordinate designs with project teams
○ Provide on-site coordination with the project team, including client representatives, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors
○ Lead programming activities with key client stakeholders including budget development and tracking of financials Perform QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) review on structured cabling projects led by other engineers
○ Oversee testing and commissioning
○ Perform calculations, design and consulting of systems for large projects with minimal supervision ○ Able to apply skills to produce drawings consistent with instruction, guidelines and standards
○ Create plans, schematics, equipment selection, load calculations, systems narratives and specifications, system design and layout, field investigation and construction administration
○Prepare due diligence and feasibility reports and communicate design concepts via sketches and renderings
○ Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to junior engineers; keep current with technology trends and standards, communicating job expectations, assist the PIC in planning, mentoring and reviewing job contributions.
○ Act as the liaison between the client and PIC responsible for meeting the client's project goals and objectives for the overall scope, schedule and budget. Adhering to the firm's QA/QC process.
○Demonstrates the firms core values and serve as a role model/mentor to all firm members. Enhances the firm's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing internal and external client requests.
○ Attend industry networking events and conducting presentations for the external environment.
○ Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; building personal networks; participating in professional organizations and obtaining certifications in areas of expertise.
○Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Engineering or Technical discipline
○7+ years of relevant design experience
○2- 5 years' experience in Project Management
○ Knowledge of audio-visual/multimedia and security systems, a plus
○Detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers to make proper selections
○ Proficiency in AutoCAD is a requirement, Basic knowledge of REVIT
RCDD Certification is preferred or must obtain certification within one year of hire