A well respected firm in Nevada is looking to grow their traffic team in Las Vegas. They work on the most sought out projects in the state and have a great reputation with NDOT. The firm has an excellent work-life balance, as well as extensive work from home flexibility.
The individual must be able to efficiently perform traffic and transportation principles to safety studies and traffic operations. The individual should also be able to properly lead and grow an engineering team as well as develop and maintain client relationships. Experience with NDOT processes and policies is a must.
- Promote and develop improvements to all aspects of design.
- Lead the design team in problem solving and find innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges during the entire cycle of projects
- Understand the status, scope, delivery, and contracting strategy of current and future projects.
- Oversee and coordinate all engineering and design aspects of projects and work with the team to ensure designs are produced accurately, on time and within budget.
- Identify risks, opportunities, and cost savings during the design phase of the projects.
- EIT or PE license in the state of Nevada
- NDOT project experience
- Project management experience on a variety of transportation projects
- Knowledge of local client base preferred
- Skill in MicroStation and CADD techniques
- 6+ years of experience required