This team of engineers, planners, and designers is looking for their newest addition to their family. This firm excels within transportation, land development, water resources, and other disciplines.
This firm is creative, hard workers, and they love working together. This firm has also been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across their offices.
This position in Northern Virginia is a Senior Traffic Engineer within their transportation group.
- Manage traffic engineering, transportation planning, and/or safety projects and contracts
- Manage projects involving the design of traffic control devices (signs, markings, signals) and/or ITS.
- Oversee quality and contribute to complex technical decisions on a range of multimodal transportation engineering assignments
- Apply deep understanding of traffic signal design, operations, and/or systems
- Complete traffic safety and operational improvement studies for localized intersections and corridors
- Provide analyses of traffic safety issues and crash reduction measures
- Address community traffic engineering and safety issues
- Manage projects involving simulation and signal optimization plans to maximize transportation system throughput (using Synchro, Sidra, Vissim or related software)
- Complete interchange justification, functional design and access management reports
- Develop mobility solutions which consider all users, including motorists, bicyclists, public transit users and pedestrians of all ages and abilities.
- Support policy and design guidance documents for traffic, technology, and control devices.
- Manage or support projects involving transportation technology including innovative, technology-driven approaches to serving transportation agency's evolving needs.
If this sounds like something you could do and be interested in, apply today.