The candidate will assist in designing construction plans for major highway and roadway projects from various stages ranging from preliminary to final design for a multinational civil engineering firm. The group is focused on growing operations in Texas and is looking for a strong Senior Transportation Engineer who is looking to progress rapidly into a Project Management position through training and mentorship.
- Prepare engineering drawings consisting of roadway plans, special details, signing/pavement marking plans, traffic control plans, bridge layouts and details, utility plans, specifications, cost estimates, etc.
- Provide engineering design services for schematic, traditional design-bid-build projects and design build projects.
- Possess strong verbal, written, organizational, presentation and client management skills
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage a team of engineers and designers in the design of complex transportation projects.
- Collaborate with the transportation staff to develop transportation projects such as roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- Possess a basic knowledge of all aspects of transportation design, including hydraulic & hydrologic, structural, utility and traffic design.
- Design geometry (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super-elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO, municipalities, TxDOT & other DOTs.
- Compile data, perform and check dimensional and routine calculations, and ensure compliance with required design criteria.
- Proficient with 3D Modeling using OpenRoads, Power InRoads or Power Geopak preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 6-15 years of civil/roadway design experience
- Texas PE
- Proficient in Microstation, ProjectWise, Open Roads and InRoads/Geopak
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic to advanced knowledge of 3D modeling
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Willingness to mentor younger engineers or EITs
- Possess critical thinking skills necessary to plan, conceptualize and anticipate next steps
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on a team of engineers, technical experts and designers, as well as working independently with little supervision
The selected candidate(s) will have the ability to progress in a firm that works on large and complex projects and has a focus on work-life balance. Please apply directly.