An industry-leading solutions provider for hyperscale data centres is looking for a General Manager, Data Centres.
They are the digital infrastructural arm of a listed company building data centres designed to optimise energy efficiency, scalability and reliability across SEA region.
- Leadership: Provide leadership to the core team, overseeing a wide range of responsibilities, and managing activities with a focus on continuous improvement.
- KPIs, SLAs, and Metrics: Establish and monitor KPIs, SLAs, and metrics, including performance, capacity, availability, and budget.
- Problem Solver: Serve as a problem solver for all facilities-related issues, including M&E, monitoring, and heat exchange.
- Operational Efficiency: Supervise and optimize Data Centre operational efficiency, including PUE, DCIE, corrective maintenance cost, and life cycle planning.
- Preventive Maintenance: Oversee the planned preventive maintenance program and measure its effectiveness.
- Budget Management: Manage the Data Centre Operations budget (Opex /Capex) in alignment with agreed targets. Prepare and present monthly management reports to top management.
- Capacity Planning: Handle capacity planning, validate asset management, and manage resources effectively.
- Incident Response: Supervise onsite incident response, problem resolution, and change management processes to meet client requirements.
- Business Continuity: Develop and enforce critical business continuity plans, including disaster preparedness design and implementation, detailed project management, and rollout coordination.
- Client-facing Projects: Supervise client-facing project deployments.
- Facilities Life Cycle Planning: Oversee facilities life cycle planning and management.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Singaporean legislation in daily operations and engineering activities.
- Customer Relationship: Foster a trusting customer relationship within the operations team.
- Audit Activities: Support regular audit activities by implementing policies and procedures to meet compliance requirements.
- Sales Support: Provide support to sales on potential deals.
- Vendor Management: Manage vendors and contractors to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency in safety, cost, equipment lead time, and reliability, while maintaining Mechanical & Electrical infrastructure per Data Center industrial best practices.
- Workflow and Process Management: Implement, enforce, maintain, and control workflows and processes within the Data Centre.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Ability to work independently with strong leadership qualities while also being a team player.
- Prior experience in Data Center facilities operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication.
- Experience in customer and top management interaction.
- Effective communication of complex business/technical information to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, and a strong team-oriented approach.
- Proficient in Data Centre critical systems, encompassing diesel generators, UPS systems, fuel systems, switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression, and building monitoring systems.
- Familiarity with Data Center compliance standards such as ISO27001, PCIDSS, local regulations, and industry best practices.
- Previous involvement in Data Center construction, from greenfield projects to TIER topology design and project management.