We seek to hire a Project Manager who will be responsible for assisting the Managing Principal, Design Manager and Subject Matter Experts with the administrative and financial management of multi-discipline design projects. This person will work in stand-alone and multi-discipline design teams on projects of small to large scope.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partnering with the Design Manager to lead, motivate, and effectively communicate with a project team during scope and project execution.
- Assist the Managing Principal and Design Manager in developing project presentations to clients, contractors, project team members, authorities having jurisdiction, and members of the public through all stages of the project.
- Partnering with the Design Manager in the coordination efforts with clients to ensure successful completion of projects that may involve either new construction or renovation.
- Partnering with the Design Manager to facilitate a professional and successful relationship between client, contractors, and the project team.
- Preparing effective and concise documents and correspondence such as memos, emails, reports, and other correspondence.
- Have a client-oriented attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services.
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole.
- Assist the Design Manager in running project meetings and participating in management meetings.
- Actively support Market Sector Leaders and Managing Principals in the Company's marketing and business development activities.
- Assist the Managing Principal and Design Managers with Preparing contracts and fee proposals and participating in contract negotiations.
- Assist the Managing Principal and Design Managers with Preparing Professional Service Agreements where required for project consultants.
- Establishing, updating, and maintaining project planning information in Visual Planning, the company's project management software (resources, budgeting, etc.).
- Coordinating daily staff activities with clients and other 3rd parties.
- Preparing various project management reports.
Education, Technology, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in one or more state is a necessity
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or similar accreditation (PMP) will gain additional consideration
- Additional certifications such as CDT, CCS, or CCCA are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever-increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process