Summary: An international renewable energy developer, focused on DG/Community Solar and Storage projects, is looking for a Siting Specialist to take a data driven approach to identify potential locations and work to de-risk sites. This individual will work closely with the Origination, Markets, and Land team to identify key markets, explore new opportunities for growth, and pursue site control agreements.
The Siting Specialist will be responsible for:
- Working with internal and external land specialists to lead greenfield origination efforts and pursue site control.
- Working collaboratively with internal teams and consultants to support acquisition site diligence including environmental studies, title review, critical issue screening, property tax matters, community relations, etc.
- Identifying potential strategic growth partners that could contribute to the growth of greenfield project pipeline.
The Siting Specialist should have the following qualifications:
- Experience with GIS, mapping systems, third party siting tools, Google Earth, and document management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in identifying renewable sites and opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Planning, GIS, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Ability to travel up to 20% within the United States and Canada.
- Valid driver's license and passport.