We have a current opportunity for a Smart Grid Technical Manager on a permanent basis. The position is fully remote flexible for candidates living within the Southeast region of the U.S. Offices are available in Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia for those that may look to come in on a hybrid schedule.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop innovative solutions for smart grid systems for clients, with a focus on, but not limited to, areas such as SCADA, AMI, utility communications, outage management, GIS, substation and distribution automation.
- Provide consulting services that blend technical expertise and business practices in the realm of Smart Grid technologies.
- Establish, cultivate, and enhance client relationships to ensure satisfaction and ongoing collaboration.
- Foster close collaboration with other engineering teams, including substation design, planning, transmission design, civil and surveying, to deliver holistic solutions for clients.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey ideas and interact with colleagues and clients.
- Travel to project locations to gather design data, assess existing systems, offer technical guidance, troubleshoot issues, and perform testing and commissioning of control schemes and systems.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices, proactively investigating and learning about emerging software, equipment, and communication protocols.
- B.S. in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Experience working with utility smart grid projects
- Knowledge about engineering design methods, communication technologies and electric power systems
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 40% annually
- Professional Engineer or EIT Certified with the intent to pursue PE License is desirable
- Remote/Hybrid Flexibility
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Time Off
- Life, Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- 100% Employee-Owned Company
- Employee Development Programs