LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
One of the Leading Solar Developers in the industry at the moment, have primarily focused on the North East and Mid West, but more recently have decided to expand to California! They have a portfolio of Projects in the LA area and are looking to bring on a Construction Manager to oversee the work within the region. Ideally, they would like someone who is already based in the area.
Primary Responsibilities of Solar Construction Manager:
- Considered to be an owners rep on site
- Oversee and direct the EPC field teams
- Create a schedule that outlines the project in logical steps, in order to hit the project objectives for a given deadline
- Figure out the amount of labor needed, and dispatch them to the site as needed
- Conduct inspections in order to ensure that the project is holding up to the clients QA/QC expectations
- Seek out and bring on specialized sub contractors, specifically for electrical, civil and mechanical
- Create the budget estimates and continuously track the progress in comparison to cost tracking reports
- Develop and implement a QA/QC plan
- Staying in touch with all parties both internal and external, such as the owners, contractors, and design professionals.
- Especially if there are any issues that need to be resolved
- Evaluate the construction process in place to see where you may be able to improve it's cost effectiveness
Solar Construction Manager Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of construction experience, preferably solar
- Ability to identify problems and independently perform the proper analysis to figure out the solution
***Must be a US Citizen and or Green Card Holder in order to be considered***