Company Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As they develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, their 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions for their customers today.
Position Summary: This position will report to the Senior Director of Capital Markets and has primary responsibility for supporting non-recourse construction debt, term debt, tax equity and cash equity (project sale) transactions for renewable energy projects in the US. This person will also be collaborating with team members in various departments such as development construction, legal, risk & corporate finance to balance value optimization with transaction risks and business objectives.
Locations (hybrid work, minimum of 2 days/week in office):
- Houston, TX
- San Francisco, CA
- Carlsbad, CA
- Denver, CO
- Scottsdale, AZ
The Sr Analyst will be responsible for:
- Refine a set of reusable Excel-based project financing model templates (as well as ad hoc analysis) that serves our project origination, development, construction, financing, and asset management business.
- Maintain rigorous standardization and consistency in the project financing models (derived from the above template) applied to the many projects in our pipeline.
- Develop and improve the data automation connecting the project financing models and financial data systems that enables efficient use of the model at scale (e.g. for many projects)
- Implement the terms of the tax equity, construction debt, term debt, cash equity, etc. financing in the project financing model templates.
- Support the structuring negotiation and closing of tax equity, construction debt, term debt and cash equity financings.
- Help architect and implement the analytical and data infrastructure that enables structured project financing analysis to be leveraged across the organization in project financings, internal tracking/reporting, external tracking/reporting, budgeting, etc.
- Support running financing processes to find and secure sources of capital that are the best fit for the company's goals
- Actively participate as a junior member of a deal team responsible for due diligence, modeling, documentation, negotiation, closing and funding transactions to established timelines
- Support providing the development team with advice on anticipated terms of financings and assist in the development, pricing and origination of new renewable energy acquisitions and development projects
The Sr Analyst should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience in energy project finance, with preference for U.S. renewable energy project finance
- Energy or infrastructure industry experience
- Experience in tax equity and/or energy project finance transactions
- Background with VBA, Python, etc. and an interest in becoming expert through working on real-world projects.
If interested in the current position, please do not hesitate in applying!