My client, a boutique restoration firm in NYC is searching for a talented building envelope professional to join their growing group of engineers, architects and consultants.
What differentiates this firm from other firms in the industry is the investment in people. This is anything from organising weekly after work clubs to support individuals studying for licensure, to sponsoring degrees and IIBEC credentials to having regular progress meetings to see how they can help consultants achieve their personal targets.
- At least 5 years building envelope/enclosure/restoration experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, LL11, FISP work, and design repair.
The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following:
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtainwalls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Fully-paid life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Wellness Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement