My client, a multi-disciplinary engineering & architecture firm in NYC are growing and are looking to bring on a talented building envelope/restoration consultant within their NYC office.
I am currently seeking a Building Enclosure Consultant to act as Project Manager on building enclosure projects of low to medium complexity. The successful individual will be required to plan and execute specific project plans, deliver quality products and services to the client in a timely manner and serve as the primary contact between the client's project team and the client. Furthermore, the successful individual will manage multiple projects as well as existing building investigations and consulting, and will be responsible for the results of assigned projects.
My client is a leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm providing innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. The firm is focused on providing engineering, commissioning, and technology services and their quality services are based on the in-depth experience and expertise of their engineers, consultants, and all of their staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related field (preferable)
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of building enclosure systems (roofing, below grade waterproofing, or vertical wall systems.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of project approach and systems design
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management or supervisory experience preferable
- Ability to provide written reports to clients
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Completes the project scope and requirements with the client and other stakeholders and communicates project scope and requirements to the project team
- Prepares and implements a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects
- Performs condition surveys and failure investigations of existing buildings related to building enclosure air and moisture leakage
- Designs repairs to correct the root cause of investigated enclosure issues
- Coordinates and directs or performs enclosure testing
- Oversees the profitability of the project by negotiating fees and contracts as may be appropriate, participating in the budgeting process, and ensuring that invoices are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Schedules work, communicates schedule information to the project team, and monitors manpower requirements
- Performs project job site visits to investigate field conditions, monitor progress, and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes during construction
- Supervises the job close out process to ensure documentation, lessons learned, and filings are complete