Actively seeking a talented, experienced Bridge Engineer to our Chicago Transportation division. The Bridge Engineer will assist with and collaborate with a team of engineers with design and producing a variety of projects. Along with bridge design, this qualified engineer will review design plans for public infrastructure projects. This amazing opportunity may also involve coordinating and overseeing the work of junior-level design staff on the project team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Basic design calculations for new and existing bridges, retaining walls, culverts and other structures related to transportation
- Perform bridge hydraulics calculations and bridge load ratings
- Creating construction documents, including drawings and specifications
- Other design and project management opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- Minimum of 5 years of structural design experience required
- Illinois PE, SE license is preferred but not required
- Experience with MicroStation, Open Bridge Designer / Leap, STAADPRO, RAM, AutoCAD, & MS Office
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and communicate with clients
If you are interested in the Bridge Engineer role, then please don't wait to apply.