We are seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join this market-leading engineering team. You will be joining a SWAM (Small Women and Minority Owned firm), which has been in business for 34 years founded in 1988, which currently practices at an 80% repeat client rate. With over 50 LEED projects and 125 award winning projects in a myriad of service lines and building types.
The company currently practices:
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and project management services related to the above services. This role requires a deep understanding of structural engineering principles, the ability to lead complex projects from inception to completion, and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Provide technical expertise and project management services related to structural design and analysis, including but not limited to concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures.
- Conduct structural condition assessments, forensic investigations, and failure analysis to determine the root cause of problems and develop appropriate remediation strategies.
- Develop and oversee testing programs to evaluate structural performance and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and oversee the design of structural systems including preparation of construction documents, specifications, and construction administration services.
- Provide expert testimony related to structural systems in legal proceedings.
- Maintain client relationships and develop new business opportunities through networking and marketing efforts.
- Mentor and develop junior staff members.
- Participate in industry organisations and stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in structural engineering or a related field. (required)
- In-depth knowledge of structural engineering principles, including concrete, steel, masonry, and timber structures.
- Experience with structural condition assessments, forensic investigations, and failure analysis.
- Experience with structural testing programs.
- Experience with structural system design, construction documents, specifications, and construction administration services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Professional licensure (PE OR RA or SE credential) preferred.
- Experience with expert witness testimony preferred
- We offer competitive salaries, professional work environments, and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $200,000 dependent on experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, where we pay a portion of the premiums.
- Supplement Insurance Options- Life, AD&D, Legal Plan, Pet Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Plans.
- Fully Company funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability benefits.
Equal opportunity employer